Easy Healthy Granola Recipe
This Easy & Healthy Granola is made with oats, nuts, fruit, coconut oil and sweetened with honey or maple syrup. This meal is great for healty breakfast or after school snack and works perfectly as granola cereal. You can also use it as a topping for yogurt, ice cream and more!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats not quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds or pecans, walnuts, etc
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit on your preference - raisins, apricots, cherries, etc
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Combine the oats, shredded coconut, and almonds in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, and salt.
Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
Add honey mixture to the oat mixture and stir to combine. You may need to use your hands to evenly distribute.
Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or golden brown, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.