Veggie Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2-3 tsp oil or butter use as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 4 oz grated cheese Cheddar, pepepr jack, or mix blend
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk, chop peppers and onion, and grate cheese.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil or butter. Sauté peppers and onion until tender. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. When ready transfer to a large bowl.
- Return pan to heat and add a little more oil or butter to coat the pan.
- Heat a pan to medium heat, add eggs, and scramble until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer eggs to veggie bowl and gently fold/mix together.
- For easy burrito assembly warm each tortilla in the microwave for 20 seconds to steam it before filling/rolling. They’re much easier to fold once warmed.
- Arrange a scoop of eggs with veggies on warmed tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and fold.
- Place seam-side down and repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Bring a pan to medium heat with a little oil to prevent sticking. Once the pan is hot, add the burritos, seam side down and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until burritos are hot in the center and lightly crisp on the outside. Serve with sour cream or salsa and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.