Smoked Beef Brisket Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 ½ pound beef brisket
- 2 tsp smoked sea salt
- 2 tbsp date sugar/maple sugar/coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cups bone broth/your choice of stock
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- Take the beef out of the fridge at least one-half hour before you plan on cooking, so it will be at room temperature. Use two paper towels to pat it dry, and set it to the side.
- Mix the spices by blending the pepper, smoked sea salt, maple sugar, smoked paprika, onion powder, and mustard powder. Rub the mixture on
- each side of the brisket.
- Program the Instant Pot using the sauté setting for about two to three minutes. Lightly grease the bottom of the cooker with some oil and place the brisket in the pot.
- Continue to sauté until all sides are browned. Turn the brisket with the fatty side up. Add the thyme, liquid smoke, and broth. Scrape the bottom of the cooker to retrieve the tasty the browned bits.
- Change the setting manually for 50 minutes, and natural release. (The quick release may leave the meat dry.)
- Remove it from the pot and cover it with some aluminum foil to rest.
- Turn on the sauté function for about ten minutes so the sauce can thicken.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Dinner Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them in easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.