Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 3 pounds chicken thighs bone-in
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium-sized onions sliced
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder from all sides.
- Preheat olive oil in the large skillet. Brown chicken on both sides until skin is golden for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the slow cooker and place onion slices on the bottom.
- Place browned chicken thighs on the top of the onions. Lay garlic cloves and sliced ginger.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar over chicken and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7-8 hours, until chicken tender and cooked.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Dinner Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them in easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.