Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
The post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure.
If you like Mexican food but don’t have the time or energy to make a huge backlog of individual dishes for your week-night dinner, sheet pan nachos are here for you. They are made in a single baking sheet with just one dish and can feed a lot of people with only one pan. They will fill the kitchen with the beautiful smell of all your favorite ingredients that are easy to make, so you won’t worry about cooking too much time.
Sheet pan nachos is a very simple recipe that can be prepared in a few minutes and is also very cheap to cook, so it’s perfect for those with busy schedules but who still want to enjoy fresh, warm, and delicious food with minimal effort. You will need ground beef, black beans, taco seasoning, some Cheddar cheese, frozen corn, tortilla chips, different veggies, and herbs.
The cheese sauce of sheet pan nachos can be stored and used later when you want to make a quick snack or lunch, so you will save time while preparing your future meals as well. Keep reading to get the most delicious and easy-to-make oven-baked sheet pan nachos recipe.
Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small package taco seasoning
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and garlic, and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; stir in taco seasoning. Drain excess fat.
- Place tortilla chips in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with ground beef mixture, black beans, corn and cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until heated through and the cheeses have melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with tomato, onion, jalapeno, sour cream and cilantro.
The Bottom Line
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other appetizer and snack recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them in easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Keep Sheet Pan Nachos From Getting Soggy?
A sheet pan covered with aluminum foil and lined with parchment paper is the key to ensuring that your nachos will be crisp all the way through. The nachos are then quickly cooked in a hot oven. For more flavor, add a bit of cumin and chili powder to the skillet before cooking.
What Temperature Should You Cook Nachos?
The crispier your nachos, the better. If you’re looking to cut some fat and calories, go for 300°F (150°C) or below. If you want gooey cheese on your nachos, 400°F (200°C) is the way to go.
What Is The Best Way To Layer Nachos?
The best way to layer nachos is from the bottom up. The beef, beans, tomatoes, and cheese should be placed in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. You can sprinkle jalapenos and salsa over this layer, as well as any other toppings. Then you will build up the layers with tortilla chips, onion, fresh cilantro, and more before finally topping with shredded cheese and a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce.