Pork Hominy Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1¼ pound pork shoulder, boneless and fat trimmed cut into 4-inch pieces
- 2 small onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz) hominy drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz avocado and lime wedges diced
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the pressure cooker and add a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Season the pork with salt, and cook until pieces are browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Then, transfer to a plate.
- Add one more tablespoon of olive oil, onions, garlic, and chili powder and sauté until soft, 4 minutes. Add broth and water,cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Return pork to the pressure cooker.
- Clove and lock the lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook until meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- After that, turn off the cooker and lower the pressure using natural pressure release method. Remove the pork to a plate and shred it using two forks, then stir in hominy and heat through.
- Serve with avocado and lime and garnish with cilantro.
I Hope this recipe was helpful to you in your pursuit of a solution to your party menu list. If you loved it just drop a line in the comment section – I will get back quickly.
If you want to learn more about Pressure Cookers and choose really helpful kitchen applieance, pleace kindly check here.