Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound dried split peas
- 1 ham hock
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Pour water into your pressure cooker. Add split peas, ham hock, diced onion, celery, thyme, minced garlic, and black pepper.
- Close the pressure cooker lid securely and place pressure regulator over vent according to manufacturer's instructions. Bring toa high pressure and cook about 30 minutes.
- When timer beeps, reduce the pressure using a natural pressure release.
- Remove ham hock and strip off meat. Return meat to soup. Stir well to distribute flavors.
- Season with salt and hot pepper sauce and serve hot. You may also top the soup with chopped parsley or cilantro.
I Hope this recipe was helpful to you in your pursuit of a solution to your party menu list. If you loved it just drop a line in the comment section – I will get back quickly.
If you want to learn more about Pressure Cookers and choose really helpful kitchen applieance, pleace kindly check here.