Granola Recipe Without Nuts
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats or kamut flakes
- 2 cups mixed seeds such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups mixed dried fruits such as golden berries, mulberries, figs, dates, raisins, dried sour cherries, apricots, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss oats, seeds, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes in a large bowl. Add oil and syrup and stir until nicely coated. Season with salt. Scrape onto prepared sheet, reserving bowl, and bake, stirring and rotating sheet from front to back every 10–15 minutes, until golden brown, 25–35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut dried fruit into small pieces (a pair of kitchen shears is great for sticky ingredients like dates and apricots). Transfer to same large bowl.
- Let granola cool 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to bowl with dried fruit, reserving baking sheet. Toss well to combine, then transfer back to sheet and let cool completely (granola will crisp as it cools). Taste and season with more salt, if desired.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.