Cranberry Orange Granola Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup candied orange peel sliced into long, thin strips
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Spread oats on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl; add almonds and let cool slightly. Coat the baking sheet with nonstick spray. Whisk maple syrup, butter, and hazelnut oil in a small bowl to blend. Pour syrup mixture over oats; stir thoroughly to coat. Spread mixture on prepared sheet.
- Bake granola, stirring occasionally, until the oats are light golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cranberries and raisins. Bake for additional 10 minutes. Remove granola from oven and let cool slightly. Stir in the orange peel. Let cool completely, then break into pieces.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.