Cheesy Potato Burrito Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola vegetable, or other neutral oil
- 1 pound Russet potatoes about 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 medium yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 rashers crisply cooked bacon broken into pieces
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed through on a dry griddle or cast iron pan
- 2 tablespoons sour cream divided
- 1/4 cup guacamole divided
- Hot sauce of your choice optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with a large pinch of salt until homogenous and no visible egg whites remain. Set aside.
- In a medium cast iron or stainless steel skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potatoes, season with salt, and cook, stirring only occasionally, until lighty brown, about 8 minutes. Lower heat to medium, stir in onion, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, until the mixture is golden and crisp, about 10 minutes longer. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat until foaming. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until eggs have formed curds but are still runny, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and eggs are soft and fluffy, about 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Working with one just-warmed tortilla at a time, lay tortilla on a work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream in a thin, even layer on center of tortilla, leaving about 2 inches of border on either side and 3 inches of border above and below. Top with 2 tablespoons guacamole and spread it around on top of the sour cream. Arrange half the bacon on top of the guacamole.
- Pile half the potatoes on top of the bacon, followed by half the eggs and cheese. Douse with as much hot sauce as you want.
- Fold the tortilla sides in over the filling. Then roll the bottom flap of tortilla up over the filling, holding the sides tight as you roll. Continue rolling until the burrito is sealed. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling ingredients. Serve right away.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.