Cheesy Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 10-16 oz ground beef
- 1 pound Mezzemaniche, Rigatoni, or Penne Pasta
- 1-2 small onions chopped
- 1-2 small carrots chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 swig red wine
- 1 can 14.5 oz tomato puree
- 14 oz Mozzarella cheese shredded
- A pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat your pressure cooker over medium heat without the lid. Melt the butter and add chopped onions, carrots and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes. Rise the temperature to high and add ground beef. Break it and brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until almost cooked.
- When the water has evaporated from the meat add a swig of red wine to de-glaze the pan. Cook for a minute to evaporate the wine.
- Add pasta, tomato puree, sprinkle additionally with salt and pepper, and add enough water to cover the pasta. Stir to combine, then close and lock the lid. Cook for 5 minutes at LOW pressure.
- When timer beeps, open the cooker by releasing the pressure. Pour our half of the mixture into the oiled casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Pour out the rest of mixture and cover with the rest of grated cheese.
- Place casserole dish in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes, until all the cheese has melted and becomes golden.
- Let the casserole rest for couple minutes while the cheese becomes hardens into a crunchy top, and then serve.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Breakfast and Brunch Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.