Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Bread Machine
- ¾ cup skimmed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- ¼ cup softened butter cut into pieces
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Up to 1 cup currants (or finely chopped dried peaches)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp water
For The Icing
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk together the 3/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and the egg.
- Pour the milk mixture to the bread machine. Add flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and butter. Then add the order suggested by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Set the machine on the dough cycle. Add cinnamon and currants or chopped dried fruit at the beep. If the mixture seems too dry, add couple tablespoons of water.
- When the dough is done and doubled in volume, remove to a lightly floured surface. Punch down, knead about 6 to 8 times, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Tear off small pieces of dough (about 2 to 2 1/4 ounces each) and shape them into balls. Place the dough balls in the prepared baking pan. Cover the pan with a cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water. Lightly brush the tops of the buns with the egg yolk mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are nicely browned. Remove the pan to a rack to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and stir until smooth. Add small amounts of hot water or more confectioners' sugar, as needed, for drizzling consistency. With a spoon or decorating bag, cover the tops of the buns.
I Hope this recipe was helpful to you in your pursuit of a solution to your party menu list. If you loved it just drop a line in the comment section – I will get back quickly.
If you want to learn more about Bread Machines and choose really helpful kitchen applieance, pleace kindly check here.