Beef Risotto Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 slices of bacon diced
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups risotto rice I prefer Arborio
- ½ cup marsala
- 5 cups beef broth divided
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan freshly grated + extra to serve
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped
- A pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in your pressure cooker and brown the ground beef for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate.
- Add bacon to the pressure cooking pot and cook until crisp. Then add onions, carrots, and garlic, sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice becomes opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the marsala and cook 2 minutes. Pour in 4 cups beef broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, milk, bay leaves, and cooked ground beef. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and set 6 minutes timer. After 6 minutes, turn off the pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release.
- Select Simmer and stir in remaining 1 cup of beef broth. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until most of the broth is absorbed and the rice is creamy.
- Stir in grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with extra Parmesan on top.
Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you have any questions or ideas just drop a line and I will answer quickly. You can also check other Dinner Recipes for home cooking.
I hasten to inform that I collect most interesting recipes and publish them in easy to follow recipe books. Please check my cookbook collection and choose the books you like the most.